The Kent Downs AONB Unit produces a number of publications which provide guidance on conserving and enhancing the landscape.
The Selection and Use of Colour in Development
The purpose of these guides is to provide guidance on the selection and use of colour for building development within the AONB and its setting. ‘Development’ includes any building work, ranging from home extensions and conversions through to house building, agricultural and industrial premises, and retail and office buildings. It also includes infrastructure developments associated with transport, flood defences, power generation and distribution, communications and other utilities.
- Kent Downs AONB Guidance on the selection and use of colour in development – Guidance
- Kent Downs AONB Guidance on the selection and use of colour in development – Survey
- Kent Downs AONB Farm Diversification Toolkit
- Kent Downs AONB Farmstead Guidance
- Landscape Design Handbook
- Managing Land for Horses – a guide to good practice in the Kent Downs AONB
- Kent Downs AONB Rural Streets and Lanes: a design handbook