Get help to create your new Experience
We've launched a new grant scheme that is open to businesses that 1) operate in the Kent Downs, or within 5km of the North Downs Way, 2) have been accepted on either the Kent Downs or Visit Kent Experience Development Programmes. and 3) demonstrate an affiliation with the landscape.
Applications are now open with two decision deadlines - 30th April and 28th May and you'll find out if you've been successful within 2 weeks of the end date. So if you need help to purchase equipment to start your new experience then read on.
What will the grant fund?
The scheme will support you to buy equipment with a purchase value of up to £3,000 by funding 69% of the total cost. The grant is only applicable for physical equipment so it should NOT:
Examples of eligible equipment: pop-up shelters, wet weather clothing, cooking equipment, camera equipment, hand-outs, crafting tools and materials for participants, GPS equipment, bike tools etc.
Examples of ineligible equipment: animals or livestock, existing services or maintenance eg, surfacing, accommodation refurbishment, or vegetation management.
If you're in any doubt then please get in touch and we'd be happy to help answer any questions before you apply.
What's the application process?
The grant is available to any business or individual that has been accepted onto the Kent Downs AONB or Visit Kent Experience Development Schemes and that Experience is delivered in the Kent Downs AONB or within 5km of the North Downs Way. The experience should also have a connection to the landscape such as involve nature, farming, rural life, wildlife, cultural heritage, walking or cycling for example.
To apply you'll need to follow this process...
- If you have not already completed a Kent Downs Landscape Promise (for example you are working with Visit Kent) then you will need to do so.
- Complete the application form and return it to email@example.com.
- This is a competitive grant with limited funds so applicants must be able to finance 31% of the cost of the equipment required. Please only ask for what is necessary to launch your experience and ensure the equipment cost is financially proportional to the experience value. Applications will be assessed on these criteria.
- Kent Downs Unit will purchase the equipment on your behalf and will invoice you for the remaining 31% cost.
- We will purchase and deliver your equipment within 6 months.
Apply from: Now
Apply by: 30th April or 28th May
Decision confirmed: 14th May or 11th June
Got any questions?
Complete the form below and we'll come back to you as soon as we can to answer any questions you have.
How is EXPERIENCE funded?
EXPERIENCE is a €23m project co-funded by the Interreg France (Channel) England Programme, which has committed €16m from the European Regional Development. Projects are funded in six areas across England and France: Norfolk, Kent, Cornwall, Pas-de-Calais, Compiègne and Brittany. Close collaboration across the six regional projects ensures insights and best practice are shared.
EXPERIENCE in Kent is match funded by:
Ashford Borough Council
Canterbury City Council
Dover District Council
Folkestone & Hythe District Council
Gravesham Borough Council
Kent County Council
Thanet District Council
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Swale Borough Council