West Kent Downs • West Kingsdown to Shorne
- Extensive deciduous woodlands surround large arable fields.
- Thick deciduous shaws and hedgerows.
- Remote, enclosed dry valleys with small pastures.
- Village settlements in the woodlands.
- Small network of country lanes.
- Large arable fields on plateaux
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To retain the agricultural character of the landscape, maintaining in particular the extensive deciduous woodlands and ameliorating urbanedge pressures.
- Curb urbanisation and loss of distinctiveness