Stour Valley • Brook to Chartham
- Dense deciduous scarp top woodlands.
- Strong pattern of mixed farmland.
- Hedgerow trees and thin lines of trees on the slopes and the floodplain.
- Mature parkland.
- Alder and willow along some sections of the river.
- Pastoral floodplain.
- Network of narrow, trimmed hedges and mature trees.
- Thick shaws and overgrown hedges on valley sides.
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To restore and maintain the hedges and lines of trees which produce the characteristic field pattern, and to enhance the visual and ecological quality of the river corridor.
- Conserve arable field margins