Sevenoaks Greensand Ridge : Westerham to Ightham
- Extensive, often dense, deciduous and coniferous woodlands.
- Heathy commons.
- Small orchards.
- Magnificent views across the Low Weald.
- Small pastures divided by lines of mature trees and species-rich hedgerows.
- Ragstone buildings and walls.
- Occasional cobnut groves or platts.
- Split chestnut post and rail fencing and chestnut-paling.
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To maintain the existing overall wooded character of the ridge, encouraging deciduous woodlands, and a mosaic of small healthy spaces within the scarp top woodlands, and to retain and open up extensive and far-reaching views across the Low Weald.
- To maintain the intimate landscape of the orchard belt, preserving the tall shelterbelts, network of small lanes and the cobnut platts.