Postling Vale • Brabourne to Newington
- Species rich rough grassland on the scarp.
- Thick belt of scrub along the scarp foot.
- Magnificent views from the scarp.
- Arable fields edged by remnant hedges and scattered large woodlands.
- Intimate landscape of thick hedges and hedgerow trees around Hythe.
- Dominant major roads.
- Thin hedges aligning the Pilgrim’s Way
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To restore landscape features such as hedgerows and shaws on the scarp foot, which emphasise the bold scale of the surrounding landform.
- To maintain open sweeps of species rich chalk grassland on the scarp, allowing the landform of the Downs to dominate.
- To restore and replace decaying hedgerows and hedgerow trees around outskirts of Hythe