Hollingbourne Vale • Boxley to Westwell
- Yew dominated scarp woodlands in the west, open cultivated fields on the scarp in the east, with many hedgerow trees.
- Extensive views from the scarp.
- Large arable scarp foot fields.
- Some mixed farmland.
- Predominantly grassland on scarp.
- Thick hedges along Pilgrim’s Way.
- Historic springline villages.
- Scarp crossed by considerable number of roads and footpaths (some, former drove-ways).
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To restore a strong hedgerow network on the scarp foot based on remaining field boundaries, and to return cultivated areas of the scarp to species rich chalk grassland.
- Conserve, create and manage a good hedgerow network, including patches along Pilgrim’s Way.
- To reduce the impact of the existing road and railway network on the landscape.