You can help us to conserve and protect the Kent Downs landscape while enjoying everything this spectacular region has to offer.
Low impact travel
- Use public transport to get to your destination, many hotels and B&B’s will either arrange a taxi or pick you up themselves. For more information on using public transport in Kent visit the Kent Connected website or download the Kent Connected app
- Explore the Kent Downs on foot, by bike, and on horseback with some fantastic guides from Explore Kent – Kent’s guide to the outdoors.
- Experience this beautiful landscape on foot, with a walking holiday and take on one of the long distance trail in the AONB like the North Downs Way National Trail.
- Take your time to enjoy the Kent Downs, meander through the countryside, enjoy the stunning views and look, listen and be quiet, you will be surprised with the wildlife you may see.
- The Green Traveller have their very own guide to staying in the Kent Downs AONB too featuring places to stay, places to eat, activities and attractions.
- Support the local economy and use local farm shops for the purchase of delicious locally produced food and be sure to check out superb local pubs and restaurants. You can find out more with Produced in Kent.
- There are many volunteering events taking place throughout the Kent Downs each week. Check out our events page or sign up for our newsletter for up to date activities and help to look after our stunning countryside.
- Guide guests towards local transport and if possible provide a pickup service from the train.
- Support the community by sourcing produce from your local farm shops and other services from the community.
- Provide information about local walks and cycle rides from Explore Kent.
- Encourage visitors to join in local volunteering events and shop locally.
- Use the Kent Downs AONB guidance to manage your land, your premises, and keep horses.