If you are in the Kent Downs:
As a Visitor
- For great places to stay and ideas for fantastic days out and attraction in Kent check out Visit Kent
- Use public transport to get to your destination, many hotels and B&B’s will either arrange a taxi or pick you up themselves.For more information on using poublic transport in Kent check out Kent Connected.
- The Green Traveller have got their very own guide to stayingin the AONB too!
- Walk, cycle of ride whilst in the Kent Downs with some fantastic guides from Explore Kent - Kent's guide to the outdoors..
- Experience this beautiful landscape on foot, with a walking holiday and take on one of the long distance trail in the AONB like the North Downs Way National Trail.
- Use local farm shops for the purchase of delicious locally produced food and be sure to check out local pubs and restuarants, of which there are many fantastic choices in Kent. Not only that but in turn, this supports the local economy and landscape, you can find out more with Produced in Kent.
- There are many volunteering events taking place throughout the Kent Downs each week. Check out our events page or sign up for our newsletter for up to date activities and help to look after our stunning countryside.
- Most of all, take your time to enjoy the Kent Downs, meander through the countryside, enjoy the stunning views and look, listen and be quiet, you will be surprised with the wildlife you may see. . .
As a tourism business
- Guide guests towards local transport and if possible provide a pickup service from the train.
- Support the community by sourcing produce from your local farm shops and other services from the community, this will support he landscape.
- Provide information about local walks and cycle rides - just ask Explore Kent.
- Encourage visitors to join in local volunteering events and shop locally.
- Use the Kent Downs AONB guidance to manage your land, your premises, keep horses etc.